Expert Rug Cleaning From Aquatec
At Aquatec Cleaning Group we take great care to offer the best possible service when cleaning area rugs. Rugs have been around for centuries and were used as decorative pieces as well as practical pieces to offer comfort and warmth to their owners.
We will be happy to come and look at your rug(s) and offer advice if required. Should you like to proceed with a clean, generally we would take all the required precautions to protect the surrounding floor area.
Once cleaned and dried, we will return it to you with as short a turn round time as possible. There are occasions where the cleaning process can take place in the clients home if this is preferable. Where this is the case, we take all precautions when it comes to protecting the floor around the rug and all other possessions.
Oriental Rug Cleaning Specialists
Oriental rugs are an exotic and sophisticated touch to any home or apartment. The addition of an Oriental rug to a room significantly alters the feel and character of your living space. Oriental rugs, despite their name, describe meticulously crafted rugs from Iran, Turkey, India, Southeast Asia and elsewhere in the Middle East. Originally, these rugs were only available by import. Today, though, one can purchase high-quality handmade Oriental rugs from reputable manufacturers in the United Kingdom, too. Once you invest in an extraordinary Oriental rug, you want to keep it clean and well-maintained. This will enhance its appeal, protect its value and ensure you enjoy your investment for many years to come.
We inspect your rug to ensure we are agreed on its materials, origin and status.
We test your rug for colour resistance, among other things, to ensure your Oriental rug is suitable for cleaning.
We remove as much loose soiling as possible using a vacuum and by beating the rug in the traditional way. This step is very important.
We treat your rug in a safe antibacterial solution to kill any germs.
We conduct a process to remove any moths and discourage their return.
We dry and store your rug in a dry and secure area.
We follow this process to help preserve the value of your rug by eliminating dust, dirt and moths, all of which cause permanent damage in the long term.
To make the rug hygienic and remove any bacteria that may be dangerous for you and your family.
To once more enjoy the brilliant colours of your rug - you may even have forgotten what it should look like. Indeed, our thorough Oriental rug cleaning will give your rug a new lease of life.
How to clean a rug
We are often asked this. Although it seems like quite a straightforward task, there are a number of steps through which to go in order to do it properly.
Generally speaking, the best way to keep your rug clean is to prevent accidents and to always take off your shoes as soon as you walk into your home. However, every rug needs a clean sooner or later, and this is how to do it...
- Put your rug upside down on a clean surface and vacuum the back meticulously. This process will allow the dirt and grit to migrate from the inner carpet to the surface.
- Now reverse the rug again and vacuum the front.
- To fully wash your rug you should keep it on a clean surface before wetting it.
- Now you should spread some specialist carpet shampoo on it and gently use a brush on the surface.
- Rinse the shampoo thoroughly using an abundance of clean water.
After the washing phase , dry your rug carefully with the help of a fan if the carpet is small. The best solution is to dry the carpet outside on a sunny day by hanging it on a washing line.
Proper drying is particularly important because you don’t want any smells of dampness spoiling your clean carpet. If you do not have space for the drying process always opt for professional rug cleaning.
Handy suggestions for specific stains
- General stains: A general stain can be reduced or eliminated by preparing a solution with half a cup of white vinegar and 2 spoons of salt. The solution should be poured onto the carpet and then massaged in with a cloth. Once dry you can vacuum.
- Coffee stains (not oily stains): Yogurt represents a good ally against coffee stains. To remove a stain simply apply a mixture of unsweetened yogurt and water directly onto the affected area and leave it for one hour. Afterwards, clean it with water and then let it dry.
- Urine or vomit stains: These are among the most dreaded stains. It is always better to get rid of the residues while the carpet is still wet. Having removed the residues with water, sprinkle baking soda onto the stain and let the solution absorb for an hour or so. Then the remaining powder can be vacuumed away.
- Candle stains or chewing gum stains: Take some ice and massage it into the fibres of the carpet. Then rub it off with the back of a knife. As a result, all solid materials will be removed.
Please note: this is a general guide on how to clean a rug. We do not advise that you do it yourself if your rug is handmade or made from wool or silk. Also, a non-specialist carpet shampoo can damage natural fibres.
The best advice is to use the services of a rug cleaning expert, who will clean your rug with the utmost care and guarantee a long lasting cleanliness. The other advantage of professional rug cleaning is that the cleaner will use specific products and treatments that will sterilise your rug and also protect it against moths.
We serve customers in and around Edinburgh , Falkirk , and in Ayrshire